The kids love watching the show "Nailed It" on Netflix where 3 people compete to recreate a cake. They wanted to do our own challenge for FHE, but we kept putting them off for a day that we had more time. They decided to do it when the cousins were here. We spent most of a day baking. The teams were James/Ruthie/Ethan, Linda/Claire/Benton, and Me/Rosemary/Asher. James and Ruthie picked the cake recipes and then we came up with our own designs and frostings. They have spent weeks planning, making the sign, crowns, etc. I hope it was everything they imagined. We tried really hard to be patient and fun while they destroyed the kitchen. I was glad Linda as here to help! We also invited friends over to help judge.
James' teams fondant (!) and butter cream decorated cake. They made the fondant from scratch all on their own!!!
Me and the little kids' chocolate monstrosity. At first we were going to make Book of Mormon stories so I was going to do the Great and Spacious building or destruction scene if it didn't work out. Then we changed to any design and Rosemary and Asher decided they wanted to participate, so I just let them go to town with candy and sprinkles and then I added frosting swirls.
Linda's was a strawberry cake filled with actual strawberries!
We voted based on looks, cake taste, and frosting taste.
Best looking was a tie between the strawberry and jungle cake. Best cake was the strawberry cake. Best frosting was a tie between jungle and strawberry. Strawberry was the overall winner!















































































No comments:
Post a Comment